Plant Kingdom NTS MCAT NUST AGHA KHAN MCQs : CHAPTER 9 Questions
Plant Kingdom NTS MCAT NUST AGHA KHAN MCQs is our recently elusive article. In which we are sharing with you important NTS mcqs and including other universities. Many students find problem searching through books and notes for their preparations. Their no need of that, Just visit botanystudies.com for wide range of mcqs for exam preparations.
The Plant Kingdom NTS MCAT NUST AGHA KHAN MCQs are as below. The answers of following questions are at the end of section.
- How many cells would be required to produce 100 each of mega and microspores?
(A) 25, 100
(B) 50, 50
(C) 100, 25
(D) 75, 25
- All of following are fruits except:
- The lodicules represents highly reduced:
- Insecticides kill the delicates first. Which plant will suffer maximum by use of insecticides?
- Hard wood trees are:
(C) Monocot perennial
(D) Fern Plant
- Lotus belongs to:
- Angiosperm with limited lifespan has no:
(D) Secondary growth
- Wood for making pencil should be very light and is obtained from:
- Which has one kind of spores?
(C) All Gymnosperms
(D) Some gymnosperms
- Taxus belongs to:
- Which statement about heterospory is true?
(A) Also present is some members of Lycopsida
(B) It is seed habit
(C) Gymnosperms and angiosperms have heterospory
(D) All of these
- According to five kingdom system, which one is plant?
- True roots absent in:
- Male reproductive part of Sunflower is:
- What is parallel to Venter in Angiosperms?
- Ovary superior means:
(D) Both perigynous and hypogynous
- Wild Geranium is:
- Which one is fruit?
(A) Wheat grain
(C) Corn grain
(D) All of these
- Which one is a parasitic plant?
(B) Indian pipe
(D) All of these
- Antipodals and synergids are part of:
(A) Embryo sac
(C) Pollen tube
- Bryophyta has:
(A) 3 Sub-divisions
(B) 2 divisions
(C) 3 divisions
(D) No divisions and is itself a sub division
- Alternation of generations is present in:
(A) All plants
(B) All photosynthetic plants
(C) Most of the plants
(D) Most of the photosynthetic plants
- Leaf blade is also called:
- The generation developing from Zygote is:
(D) Spore mother cells
- The first cell of sporophyte is:
(B) Spore mother cell
- Rhizome is present in;
(D) Both adiantum and psilotum
- The sepals and petals protect the:
(D) A + B
- Nucellus is present in the;
- An embryo sac is:
(A) Rapidly growing embryo
(C) Female gametophyte
(D) A sac having seven celled embryo
- Pericarp is:
(A) Seed coat
(B) Fruit wall
(D) Ovary wall
- Which statement’s true?
(A) Gymnosperms have embryo
(B) All plants have embryo
(C) Bryophytes have embryo
(D) Pteridophytes have embryo
- Sex organs in Bryophytes are:
(A) Unicellular and haploid
(B) Multicellular and haploid
(C) Multicellular and diploid
(D) Multinucleate and diploid
- The least developed archegonia are found in:
- Funaria differs from ferns in having:
(A) Motile sperms
(B) A dependent sporophyte
(C) An independent gametophyte
(D) Alternation of generation
- Which is the first and last cell of the diploid generation in Funaria?
(A) Zygote and sporocyte
(B) Zygote and spore
(C) Spore and gamete
(D) Gamete and sporocyte
- Which of the following is not common in Funaria and selaginella?
(D) Motile sperms
- Spore mother cells in bryophytes are
- All of following have alternation of generation except:
- Sperms of ferns are:
- What types of roots are commonly found in adiantum?
(A) Tap roots
(B) Fibrous roots
(C) Primary roots
(D) Fibrous adventitious roots
- A prothallus in adiantum is:
(A) Haploid, Monoecious and autotrophic
(B) Monoecious and heterotrophic
(C) Dioecious and autotrophic
(D) Diploid, dioecious and heterotrophic
- A prothallus is advanced than:
(D) Leaf, Root and Stem
- Megaphyllous leaves are found in:
- What develops immediately from the Zygote in the Plants?
- In case of horse-tails, sporangia are borne:
(A) On underside of the disc
(B) Direct on the stem
(D) On the open leaf
- Which of the following is Dicot?
- Ovary develops into:
- Endosperm of Pinus is:
- Plants growing on other plants are:
- Which one is a fruit?
Answers For Plant Kingdom NTS MCAT NUST AGHA KHAN MCQs
|1. (C)||2. (C)||3. (A)||4. (B)||5. (B)||6. (D)||7. (D)|
|8. (C)||9. (A)||10. (C)||11. (D)||12. (B)||13. (B)||14. (C)|
|15. (B)||16. (D)||17. (D)||18. (D)||19. (D)||20. (A)||21. (A)|
|22. (A)||23. (A)||24. (A)||25. (A)||26. (D)||27. (D)||28. (B)|
|29. (C)||30. (B)||31. (B)||32. (B)||33. (D)||34. (B)||35. (A)|
|36. (A)||37. (B)||38. (D)||39. (B)||40. (D)||41. (A)||42. (A)|
|43. (B)||44. (D)||45. (A)||46. (A)||47. (D)||48. (A)||49. (A)|